Main Article Content
third molar extraction, IV vitamin C, aceclofenac, post-surgical pain, trismus, facial swelling
2. Haug RH, Perrott DH, Gonzalez ML, Talwar RM. The American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons Age-Related Third Molar Study. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2005 Aug;63(8):1106–14.
3. Friedman JW. Containing the cost of third-molar extractions: A dilemma for health insurance. Public Health Rep. 1983;98(4):376–84.
4. Leonard MS. Removing third molars: A review for the general practitioner. J Am Dent Assoc. 1992;123(2):77–8, 81–2, 5–6.
5. Colorado-Bonnin M, Valmaseda-Castellon E, Berini-Aytes L, Gay-Escoda C. Quality of life following lower third molar removal. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2006;35(4):343–7.
6. Duarte-Rodrigues L, Miranda EFP, Souza TO, de Paiva HN, Falci SGM, Galvao EL. Third molar removal and its impact on quality of life: Systematic review and meta-analysis. Qual Life Res. 2018;27(10):2477–89.
7. van Wijk A, Kieffer JM, Lindeboom JH. Effect of third molar surgery on oral health-related quality of life in the first postoperative week using Dutch version of Oral Health Impact Profile-14. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2009;67(5):1026–31.
8. Zuniga JR, Phillips CL, Shugars D, et al. Analgesic safety and efficacy of diclofenac sodium softgels on postoperative third molar extraction pain. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2004;62(7):806–15.
9. Roelofse JA, Van der Bijl P, Joubert JJ. Analgesic and anti-inflammatory efficacy of tenoxicam and diclofenac sodium after third molar surgery. Anesth Prog. 1996;43(4):103–7.
10. Gobetti JD. Controlling dental pain. J Am Dent Assoc. 1992;123:47–52.
11. Derry C, Derry S, Moore RA, McQuay HJ. Single dose oral ibuprofen for acute postoperative pain in adults. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2009;(3):CD001548.
12. Daniels SE, Goulder MA, Aspley S, Reader S. A randomised, five-parallel-group, placebo-controlled trial comparing the efficacy and tolerability of analgesic combinations including a novel single-tablet combination of ibuprofen/paracetamol for postoperative dental pain. Pain. 2011;152(3):632–42.
13. Derry CJ, Derry S, Moore RA. Single dose oral ibuprofen plus paracetamol (acetaminophen) for acute postoperative pain. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2013;(6):CD010210.
14. Chunduri NS, Kollu T, Goteki VR, Mallela KK, Madasu K. Efficacy of aceclofenac and diclofenac sodium for relief of postoperative pain after third molar surgery: A randomised open label comparative study. J Pharmacol Pharmacother 2013;4(2):144–5.
15. Jyothsna K, Deshpande N, Vijayalakshmi G. Efficacy and safety of diclofenac sodium and aceclofenac in controlling post extraction dental paIn: A randomised open label comparative study. J Pharmacol Toxicol. 2011;6(5):541–7.
16. Chaitanya NC, Muthukrishnan A, Krishnaprasad CMS, Sanjuprasanna G, Pillay P, Mounika B. An insight and update on the analgesic properties of vitamin C. J Pharm Bioallied Sci. 2018;10(3):119–25.
17. Catani MV, Savini I, Rossi A, Melino G, Avigliano L. Biological role of vitamin C in keratinocytes. Nutr Rev. 2005;63(3):81–90.
18. Popovich D, McAlhany A, Adewumi AO, Barnes MM. Scurvy: Forgotten but definitely not gone. J Pediatr Health Care. 2009;23(6):405–15.
19. Schencking M, Vollbracht C, Weiss G, et al. Intravenous vitamin C in the treatment of shingles: Results of a multicenter prospective cohort study. Med Sci Monit. 2012;18(4):Cr215–24.
20. Chen JY, Chu CC, So EC, Hsing CH, Hu ML. Treatment of postherpetic neuralgia with intravenous administration of vitamin C. Anesth Analg. 2006;103(6):1616–17.
21. Jensen NH. [Reduced pain from osteoarthritis in hip joint or knee joint during treatment with calcium ascorbate. A randomized, placebo-controlled cross-over trial in general practice]. Ugeskr Laeger. 2003;165(25):2563–6.
22. Carr AC, Vissers MCM, Cook JS. The effect of intravenous vitamin C on cancer- and chemotherapy-related fatigue and quality of life. Front Oncol. 2014;4(283):1–7.
23. Cameron E, Campbell A. The orthomolecular treatment of cancer. II. Clinical trial of high-dose ascorbic acid supplements in advanced human cancer. Chem Biol Interact. 1974;9(4):285–315.
24. Jeon Y, Park JS, Moon S, Yeo J. Effect of intravenous high dose vitamin C on postoperative pain and morphine use after laparoscopic colectomy: A randomized controlled trial. Pain Res Manag. 2016;2016:6.
25. Amin MM, Laskin DM. Prophylactic use of indomethacin for prevention of postsurgical complications after removal of impacted third molars. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol. 1983;55(5):448–51.
26. Deliverska EG, Petkova M. Complications after extraction of impacted third molars- literature review. J IMAB. 2016;22(3):1202–11.
27. Contar CM, de Oliveira P, Kanegusuku K, Berticelli RD, Azevedo-Alanis LR, Machado MA. Complications in third molar removal: A retrospective study of 588 patients. Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal. 2010;15(1):e74–8.
28. Carr AC, McCall C. The role of vitamin C in the treatment of pain: New insights. J Transl Med. 2017;15(1):77.
29. Benediktsdottir I, Wenzel A, Petersen J, et al. Mandibular- third molar removal: Risk indicators for extended operation time, postoperative pain and complications. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2004;97:438–46.
30. Yasin MF, Tawfiq NO. Aceclofenac efficacy on pain, trismus and swelling after surgical removal of impacted wisdom teeth. Int J Enhan Res Med Dent Care. 2017;4(3):25–31.
31. Jatin K, Lata J, Singh TPA. Comparative study on the efficacy of rofecoxib and ibuprofen in controlling post-operative sequelae following third molar surgeries. J Maxillofac O Surg. 2007;6(1):17–21.
32. Bamgbose BO, Akinwande JA, Adeyemo WL, Ladeinde AL, Arotiba GT, Ogunlewe MO. Effects of co-administered dexamethasone and diclofenac potassium on pain, swelling and trismus following third molar surgery. Head Face Med. 2005;1:11.
33. Stephenson CM, Levin RD, Spector T, Lis CG. Phase i clinical trial to evaluate the safety, tolerability, and pharmacokinetics of high-dose intravenous ascorbic acid in patients with advanced cancer. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2013;72:139–46.
34. Mikirova N, Casciari J, Riordan N, Hunninghake R. Clinical experience with intravenous administration of ascorbic acid: Achievable levels in blood for different states of inflammation and disease in cancer patients. J Transl Med. 2013;11:191.