Main Article Content
self-efficacy, attachment pattern, copying mechanism
The purpose of this study was to investigate how adolescents' coping mechanisms, self-efficacy, and attachment styles relate to one another.
Methods: In Lahore, this study was carried out from July 2022 to December 2022. 400 students were chosen at random from a variety of private and public academic institutions, ranging in age from 12 to 16 (mean age: 14, SD: 6.23). Along with the Attachment Style Classification Questionnaire, a self-made demographic sheet, a general self-efficacy scale, and a coping scale were given out. The Pearson correlation coefficient, descriptive statistics, and linear regression analysis were all used to analyze the data.
Results: It was discovered that teenagers' levels of self-efficacy and coping are significantly positively correlated with secure attachment style. Additionally, there was a negative correlation between anxious and avoidant attachment styles and self-efficacy (p 0.05). The additional regression analysis has also shown the alteration that the independent variable makes to the dependent variables.
Conclusions: Adolescents' self-efficacy and coping skills can be significantly improved by an effective attachment style. The general populace can also benefit from this
2. Kouchi, S., Mami, S., & Ahmadi, V. (2022). The Mediating Role of Cognitive Emotion Regulation Strategies and Social Self-efficacy in the Relationship between Attachment Styles and Social Anxiety in Female High School Students. Journal of Applied Psychological Research, 12(4), 309-326.
3. Karakuş, C., & Göncü-Köse, A. (2022). Relationships of domestic violence with bullying, silencing-the-self, resilience, and self-efficacy: Moderating roles of stress-coping strategies. Current Psychology, 1-14.
4. Stramecki, F., Misiak, B., Gawęda, Ł., Prochwicz, K., Kłosowska, J., Samochowiec, J., ... & Frydecka, D. (2022). The Moderating Role of the FKBP5 Gene Polymorphisms in the Relationship between Attachment Style, Perceived Stress and Psychotic-like Experiences in Non-Clinical Young Adults. Journal of Clinical Medicine, 11(6), 1614.
5. Adar, T., Davidof, M., & Elkana, O. (2022). Social Support Mediates the Association between Attachment Style and Psychological Distress during COVID-19 in Israel. Viruses, 14(4), 693.
6. Adar, T., Davidof, M., & Elkana, O. (2022). Social Support Mediates the Association between Attachment Style and Psychological Distress during COVID-19 in Israel. Viruses 2022, 14, 693.
7. Mohd‐Zaharim, N., & Hashim, I. H. Child well‐being in the context of family harmony: Parental marital relationship as mediator and parent–child attachment style as moderator. Asian Social Work and Policy Review.
8. Mohanan, S. A., & George, P. (2022). THE EFFECTS OF PARENTING STYLES ON ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT AND SCHOOL ADJUSTMENT AMONG HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS IN NAGALAND, INDIA: THE MEDIATING EFFECTS OF ATTACHMENT DIMENSIONS, ACADEMIC SELF-EFFICACY AND EMOTIONAL REGULATION. Scholar: Human Sciences, 14(1), 138-138.
9. Coard, S. I. (2022). Race, discrimination, and racism as “growing points” for consideration: attachment theory and research with African American families. Attachment & Human Development, 24(3), 373-383.
10. Kerley, L. J., Meredith, P. J., & Harnett, P. H. (2022). The relationship between sensory processing and attachment patterns: A scoping review. Canadian Journal of Occupational Therapy, 00084174221102726.
11. Bosmans, G., Van Vlierberghe, L., Bakermans-Kranenburg, M. J., Kobak, R., Hermans, D., & van IJzendoorn, M. H. (2022). A learning theory approach to attachment theory: Exploring clinical applications. Clinical child and family psychology review, 1-22.
12. Castellini, G., Tarchi, L., Cassioli, E., Rossi, E., Sanfilippo, G., Innocenti, M., ... & Ricca, V. (2022). Attachment Style and Childhood Traumatic Experiences Moderate the Impact of Initial and Prolonged COVID-19 Pandemic: Mental Health Longitudinal Trajectories in a Sample of Italian Women. International Journal of Mental Health and Addiction, 1-20.
13. Jiang, Z., Xu, H., Li, S., Liu, Y., Jin, Z., Li, R., ... & Wan, Y. (2022). Childhood maltreatment and depressive symptoms among Chinese college students: a moderated mediation model of adult attachment styles and physical activity. Journal of affective disorders, 309, 63-70.
14. Mikulincer, M., & Shaver, P. R. (2022). Enhancing the “broaden-and-build” cycle of attachment security as a means of overcoming prejudice, discrimination, and racism. Attachment & Human Development, 24(3), 260-273.
15. Ardenghi, S., Rampoldi, G., Montelisciani, L., Antolini, L., Donisi, V., Perlini, C., ... & Strepparava, M. G. (2022). Emotional intelligence as a mediator between attachment security and empathy in pre-clinical medical students: A multi-center cross-sectional study. Patient Education and Counseling.
16. Schunk, F., Zeh, F., & Trommsdorff, G. (2022). Cybervictimization and well-being among adolescents during the COVID-19 pandemic: The mediating roles of emotional self-efficacy and emotion regulation. Computers in human behavior, 126, 107035.
17. Khoo, E. E., & Yueh, R. E. (2022). Attachment Style, Friendship Quality and the Mediating Effect of Communication Skills in Young Adults Friendship: Literature Review. JURNAL PSIKOLOGI MALAYSIA, 35(3).
18. O'Donnell, A. J., Sánchez, B., & Grant, K. E. (2022). Latinx adolescents' trust in adults: A precursor to psychological well‐being via mentoring relational quality and self‐esteem. Journal of Community Psychology, 50(3), 1681-1699.
19. Blanchard, M. P., Jowers, C. E., Huprich, S. K., Porcerelli, J., Haggerty, G., & Siefert, C. (2022). Assessing the Impact of Relationship Profile Test Scores, Self-Identified Ethnic Group, and Gender on Adult Attachment Style. The Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, 10-1097.
20. Shao, Y., & Kang, S. (2022). The association between peer relationship and learning engagement among adolescents: The chain mediating roles of self-efficacy and academic resilience. Frontiers in Psychology, 13.
21. Odacı, H., Çıkrıkçı, N., & İrem Değerli, F. (2022). The Role of Problem-Solving Skills in Career Decision-Making Self-Efficacy and Vocational Outcome Expectations. International Journal of Educational Reform, 10567879221076084.
22. Tolmacz, R., Bachner-Melman, R., Lev-Ari, L., & Almagor, K. (2022). Interparental conflict and relational attitudes within romantic relationships: The mediating role of attachment orientations. Journal of Social and Personal Relationships, 39(6), 1648-1668.
23. Zhu, F., & Zhou, H. (2022). Perceived parental care and next-generation family members’ succession intentions: The sequential-mediating role of general self-efficacy and perceived person-job fit. Management and Organization Review, 18(2), 319-357.
24. Maleki, B. (2022). The Relationship of Attachment Styles and Sense of Cohesion with Perceived Stress in the Elderly in Nursing Home During the Outbreak of Coronavirus: The Mediating Role of Spiritual Intelligence. Aging Psychology, 8(1), 103-87.
25. Vismara, L., Lucarelli, L., & Sechi, C. (2022). Attachment style and mental health during the later stages of COVID‐19 pandemic: the mediation role of loneliness and COVID-19 anxiety. BMC psychology, 10(1), 1-10.
26. Chase, M. (2022). Non-biological Parenting Skills, Self-Efficacy, and Parenting Distress as Predictors of Successful Adolescent Residential Treatment Completion (Doctoral dissertation, Northcentral University).
27. Alfasi, Y. (2022). Attachment style and social media fatigue: The role of usage-related stressors, self-esteem, and self-concept clarity. Cyberpsychology: Journal of Psychosocial Research on Cyberspace, 16(2).
28. Bentley, G., & Zamir, O. (2022). The role of maternal self-efficacy in the link between childhood maltreatment and maternal stress during transition to motherhood. Journal of interpersonal violence, 37(21-22), NP19576-NP19598.
29. Erbiçer, E. S., Toprak, E., & Metin, A. (2023). Cyberbullying among adolescents in Turkey: the relationship between coping strategies and cyberbullying perpetration. Child and Adolescent Mental Health, 28(1), 67-75.
30. Legh-Page, K. (2022). Adult Attachment as a Predictor of Core-Self Evaluations and an Exploration of Attachment and Core-Self Evaluations Contributing to Life Satisfaction and Psychological Well-Being (Doctoral dissertation, Alliant International University).